One of the primary advantages RLA provides is the ability and the willingness to invest the time necessary to develop the vision for a senior living project. Our experience working with projects from start to finish, and with projects of all types (active adult, independent living, assisted living, nursing, CCRCs), enables us to advise stakeholders regarding the best opportunity for a given site in a community. This includes evaluation of: Market Opportunity and Business Plan Development, Program of Services Development, and Sponsor/Investor Development.
RLA is a state of the art group with experience in the development of senior housing, continuing care retirement communities, professional and medical office buildings, and larger master planned communities.
- Site selection and Acquisition
- Design Review and Guidelines
- Zoning Strategy and Ordinance Review
- Development Cost Pro Forma
- Amenities and Features
- Utility Planning and Installation
- Hands-on Development
- Supervision of Development and Construction
Our team is sensitive and responsive to requirements for senior living in terms of living units, community needs, location of services, shopping, recreational and entertainment communities. Our community and residential unit designs assure personal and physical security and safety.
An important key to the success of any program or community in the retirement industry is identity, strength of purpose and community focus. A community's conceptualization must be consistent and then translated into programs and services. RLA provides expertise in structuring community programs, services, and in establishing or improving the reputation and image of a community.
- Design of Services to be Provided
- Medical and Health Care Services
- Cost Pro Forma of Differing Programs
- Community Requirements to Meet Program Needs and Decisions
- Activities and Entertainment Programs
- Program Evaluation Methods and Procedures
Development is a multi-faceted discipline. A Continuing Care Retirement Community's (CCRC) development is a constantly changing and moving process. The right development team is critical to a CCRC project's success, and it is vital for the sponsor to assemble one that best fits its vision, goals, and objectives. Developing a CCRC requires a high level of expertise, market knowledge, and sophistication. It requires a specialized approach to land use issues, zoning concerns, public impressions, site and project financing, physical program of design, program of services, determining market prices, project management, marketing and even preparing for management's role.
At RLA we have experience in all aspects of development and, more importantly, we have a true appreciation of the need for assembling a development team to prepare for and address the many challenges that may arise. Having the skills necessary combined with the determination to work through the process are both crucial aspects that RLA is prepared to provide to a new CCRC. A CCRC is more than a hospitality service, more than a health care community, more than a real estate development; in fact, it is all of these combined with the added variables associated with high regulatory oversight. RLA's experience allows each project's specific factors to drive the customized approach.
Our certified public accountants, financial management, and general management staff provide expertise in the full range of operations in the retirement living industry.
- Structuring Financing Alternatives
- Financial Management and Cost Pro Forma of Development
- Cash Flow Management and Analysis
- Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting for non-profit and for-profit organizations
- Planning, Financial Management, and Tax Considerations
- Setting up Accounting Systems and New Business Entities
- Planning and Design of Marketing Program -Staff Selection and Training
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Systems and Procedures
- Computerized Prospect Management
- Budgets and Financial Management
We can assist you on a consulting basis or take full responsibility for the management operations. The emphasis is on in-depth planning and scenario analysis to ensure that events move toward a common goal with anticipated positive results.
- Consulting, planning, and evaluation
- Hands-on management
- Personnel Administration
- Management systems, policies, and procedures:
- Mission Statements, objectives, and goals
- Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual
- Computer designed accounting/reporting
- Manuals for Operations
- Certificate of Need Applications
- Disclosure Statements for NCDOI
- Marketing Brochures and Advertising Plans
- Resident Contracts
- Long Range Budgeting
- Staffing Requirements
- Consultation with management policy groups
- Staffing and Organizational Policy and Implementation -Financial Management
- Medical and Health Care Services -Compliance with regulatory agencies and legislation
- Budget, Accounting, Financial Management
- Resident Satisfaction, Enrichment and Social Interaction Planning
- Effective Reporting and Management
- Overall Planning and Analysis
RLA provides marketing expertise to get maximum results for the money spent. We are familiar with creative campaigns but also provide sales consulting oversight to guide and motivate older adults through change.
- Graphics and printed collateral
- Multi-media strategies and approaches
- Establishing and Building Brand Image
- Public Relations and Educational Campaigns
- Direct Mail Programs
- Introduction and Training on various CRM programs
- Sales Management Consulting